The NFC Reader supports all of the common NFC standards based on ISO14443A. The standards are often referred to as NFC type 2, MIFARE Classic® MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE DESFire® or NTAG2.
Communication is via the Pi’s UART so not even a low level driver is required to get the Reader up and running. The Reader provides a powerful command structure through the Pi’s UART allowing the Pi full control of its extensive capabilities.
- Great OOB (out-of-box) experience
o Reader works without the need for low level drivers to be downloaded and compiled.
- Complete read and write solution for the most widely used NFC cards and tags
o MIFARE Classic® 1k card (MF1 IC S50 transponder) and equivalents.
o MIFARE Classic® 4k card (MF1 IC S70 transponder)
o MIFARE Ultralight® card (MF0 IC U1 transponder)
o NTAG2 family of cards and tags
o MIFARE ProX, Smart MX (JCOP) dual-interface card types are supported to allow single or double UID to be acquired and “MIFARE” operations performed across the contactless interface. MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE Plus® supported for serial number acquisition.
- Data transfer at 106KBaud. Typical read/modify/write operating in about 100ms.
- Range of up to 8cm
- Simple interface controlled via the Raspberry Pi’s UART
- LED indicates tag read. Optional Beep signal available to provide audible feedback of a read/write.
- 5VDC operationSample Commands
- Read UID
- Card Status
- Read/Write blocks
- Type Identification